300 years of hospitality in the heart of Rome
- Over the years,Hotel Cecil has had guests from all over the globe, worldly figures,illustrious personalities, witness to history and culture, such as the most famous Norwegian writer of all time,Henrik Ibsen. As one can read in the epigraph on the building's facade,Ibsen wrote Brand and gathered his ideas for Peer Gynt in the rooms of our hotel.
- Hotel Cecil is a high-quality, 3-star hotel with many characteristics that make it one of a kind: a love for culture and history, an ambiance that balances the romance of the past and the most modern comforts of today, a polite, familiar atmosphere.
- Hotel Cecil is located in a 16th century townhouse in the heart of Rome. It is a short walk away from some of the most beautiful monuments in the city, such as Fontana di Trevi (Trevi fountain) and Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps).
Just around the corner, you can find the famous shopping streets, Via Veneto and Via Condotti, where there are stores and boutiques with all of the biggest italian brand names.
- The archeological treasures on display in the spacious hall, the furniture, the antique paintings, and the 18th century entryway are all part of the priceless décor, and will give you the impression that you are lost in time, in an enchanted world.
- You can visit the beautiful churches on Via del Corso, or pass through the wonderful scenary around the Spanish Steps, with the splendid 'Barcaccia' boat fountain, one of the Bernini's masterpieces, and the scenic steps leading up to Trinità dei Monti church.
- Book on this website and you will get a special discount at the beauty salon "Femme Sistina": haircut, massage, manicure etc.
- However, despite having played what was widely known to be their final show in London's O2 Arena late that year, Simply Red are now making a...
- Dinner & Jazz Only for the Hotel Cecil's guests, 15% discount at Gregory's Jazz Club. The atmosphere and the ideal formula...
- SIMPLY RED AGAIN! 14 NOV
Having played what was widely known to be their final show in London’s O2 Arena late that year, Simply Red are now making a welcome return to...
- Barocco a Roma
Barocco a Roma. La meraviglia delle arti (BAROQUE IN ROME. THE WONDER OF THE ARTS) 1st April – 26th July 2015 From the 1st April to...
- Chagall - Chiostro del Bramante
Chagall exhibition in Rome – Chiostro del Bramante, scheduled from March 16 to July 26 2015. Present more than 150 works ,...
- Da vedere a Roma: i musei per bambini e ragazzi
Roma è indubbiamente una città tra le più ricche al mondo di opere d'arte, monumenti e luoghi dal valore artistico e religioso....